Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nibbler aka Lord Nibbler






This was so much FUN to make!! Behold Lord Nibbler the from the planet Eternium. He was created for Bryce's 16th birthday. Thank you so much to Hook&Needles http://www.hookandneedles.com/ for the wonderful pattern. I did not completely follow it, but it did help a ton to point me in the right direction.

I used doll joints to make his arms and legs moveable. I did not like the idea of not being able to pose him. An of course I had to create a ham for him. Just wonder if I should of made it bigger.

His cape and diaper are made of felt, I was worried about the fabric fraying and I really did not like the way the crocheted items looked. His booties are made of yellow cotton yarn. I thought they would be easier to take on and off clean if needed.

Bryce wants me to make his space jump suit next. I would like to make another and make the brown robe, that is a girl, with the bow around the third eye. She looks a little more friendly than the males. I am planning on making one to auction at Starfest also. Thinking of trying a Nibbler hat when I can get to it.




No comments: