I started with a priority mail box, here it is all folded up. I am not sure if this size is still available or not.
I then used Caron Simply Brites Coconut yarn in a strip, done in SC in front and back loops to give the effect of the pages.
I put it on the side of the box and ran some yarn across the "binding" of the book back to hold it in place.
Here is what the other side looks like.
I used Lion Fun Fur in black and brown as I did not think the brown rust color was montersy enough looking.
I stitched the ends down on the top and bottom end of the book. Then I stitched the sides of the book. For some reason there was more brown than black yarn, so I used it to stitch it to the white.
Jack likes to sing to me when I am doing anything, including sewing. He just learned the Adams Family theme song.
I used a yarn needle to pull out the fluffies on the sides of the book. Here it is so far. Still trying to figure out exactly how to do the eyes, mouth and teeth. Thinking of making a belt out of felt and buckle to put around it like the mention in the book.
Still to make for the convention: Bender hat size large and child size, Brain Slugs, Monster Book of Monsters Green, Tribbles.