Thursday, October 16, 2008

IT'S DONE IT'S DONE IT'S DONE!!! HAPPY DANCE!!


This dress set is called Summer's Dress Set, it was inspired by my husband's nieces that where born a little over three months premature. Sadly, Brooke did not make it. Summer is a fighter and has short bowel syndrome so we are not sure how long she will be with us. She is going home next week we hope and this dress set is for her to celebrate it in. Her mom loves frogs and I found the cute frog flannel . Could not resit making the dress in the light lavender to match the blanket.
The bows on her booties are from a set a found with the headband. I got them at a GREAT price, so I bought alot to use on more baby sets. The booties and bloomers patterns will be used repeatable with other dress as I get the patterns made. This one is a simple V stitch, with triples at the base of the dress. I am really excited how it turned out. I made another set early in the year that was a different pattern inspired by a site I stumbled across. I bought lots of baby yarn at WalMart that was discounted. Just need to get going. Think I will wait till the new year though. I have alot of things I want to do for Christmas.
Update on Gir in "disguise." The boys love him! They want a few for their friends. We will see, my wrist has been bothering more these days and I rather get gifts for family done first. Take care all!

No comments: